Posts tagged mildreds
Posts tagged mildreds
Asian vegetables stir fry with tons of coriander #vegan #weganwednesdays #mildreds (at Mildred’s)
Wegan Wednesdays lunch celebration with Lynsey and Priy. We all had different variations of the carrot and ginger juice (orange, celery, beetroot), washing down an aubergine tagine, a chickpea and chard soup, and a malaysian laksa. From Mildreds of course.
Lunch with Lynsey picked up from Mildreds and eaten in Golden Square. Tomato and chickpea soup, bread, and a salad made up of beans, carrot and ginger with raisins, and wild rice and olives. Délicieux!
Back at work and under the rain… So we went to Mildred’s for a comfort lunch and found the perfect solution: warm and spicy Malaysian laksa, brown rice noodles with lots of veg in a cononutty, curry sauce. It’s new on the menu and they haven’t updated the website yet: but trust me it’s good!
This week I have spent every single night in the office eating take away, so here’s a good sample of what Soho has to offer in terms of vegan junk food!
In order of ascending recommendation:
- Aubergine and tofu Laomian from Cha Cha Moon. You think it looks bad? Try eating it.
- A bento box from Satsuma. OK but a bit greasy and bland.
- A vegetarian thali from Masala Zone, good as usual, although the presentation makes it look a bit like a cheap plane meal.
- An old favourite, Mildreds’ Asian Vegetables Stir Fry, with lots of broccoli and tofu. Doesn’t actually look nice in its plastic box, either… But still truly delicious.
- Topping the charts, a mezze selection from Yalla Yalla: falafel, fattoush, and hummus.
Due to the dramatic closure of Mrs Marengo’s, I’ve been missing the lovely staff and even lovelier beetroot, orange and ginger juices that I normally feast on when I’m feeling run down, so we went to the mothership, Mildreds, for lunch today. I had a baby aubergine, green olive and chickpea tagine with almond couscous (and said juice - the darker one) and Gabor a Sri Lankan squash curry with basmati rice and an apple - lime - ginger juice. Definitely in my Top 5 for London dining.
Lunch with Nat at Mildred’s on Lexington Street: Mushroom and porcini pie with fries and mushy peas (for me) and the burger of the day - capers, olives and red peppers - with fries and salad for Nat. Delicious, filling, nice service, and very clear marking of vegan/ can-be-made-vegan dishes. Love Mildred’s.